My performance appraisal is coming soon and I do not know how to prepare for it this time, due to the following factors:
- A colleague told me his salary has been raised (now almost equal to mine); we started at the same time but I have increased my knowledge of programming languages, technologies, and methodologies.
- My current income is at the end of the collective agreement, and asking for a raise would result in many disadvantages (loss of the dismissal protection, expectation to be contactable 24x7, etc.) because this can only be an agreement beyond the collective agreement.
- I feel my income is fair and it feels uncomfortable to ask for more, but I feel my colleague's raise was unfair and is now demotivating me. However, talking about income is forbidden in this company (and this is a good example why), so I cannot confront my chief with this inequity directly.
- I think my chief does not fully understand the difference between my colleague and I, and therefore doesn't realize the inequity.
- I cannot ask for a raise without losing too many advantages.
- I cannot tell my chief that I have knowledge about this raise of my colleague.
- It makes no sense to go to another company just to earn the same money or losing the benefits of the collective agreement.
- I cannot motivate myself while I feel fooled.
- How can indicate that I do not feel comfortable in this situation?
- How can I avoid to explode and destroy more than I want?
- Are there any possibilities to solve this that I do not see in my mania?