I spent a summer working as an engineer for a cool company working on biotech. They liked me and wanted me to return after graduation, I even got a scholarship from them (which I would have to return if I were not to work with the company for 2 years).
I finished my degree (top marks) and decided to join them; although by that time my interest has shifted more towards software, mathematical modelling.
The company has changed quite a bit since my internship and I did not like the new changes. In my free time I was looking for alternative job options, but so far did not manage to find any amazing alternatives. And whilst I am searching, it is good to have the financial stability of regular income.
However, recently the company announced that it is in big financial trouble and that it will be making salary cuts and likely firing some employees. I feel that I might be offered to leave. How should I behave? Is it better to resign gracefully or hold onto financially stability as long as I can and wait for a notice "you're fired" in a months time or so (that probably will not look very good on a CV)?
Your advice and opinions would be very much appreciated.