I interview candidates for a technical development position pretty regularly. As an optimization to our interview process - we have a 20 minute phone interview step before we invite candidates to an on-site interview.
The phone interview usually goes like this:
- Who I am and what I do at the company. ( 1m )
- Short overview of what the company does and what the position the interview includes. ( 1m )
- Tell me about yourself/your relevant experience relevant for X (where X is the job title). (2m)
- Technical Questions. (~15m)
- Do you have any questions for me or anything you'd like to add? (1-5m)
It has already happened a few times that people asked me "How did I do?" during that last phase. I'm really not sure what to answer. I do have a pretty good idea about who'll pass and who won't at that stage but I typically discuss it with the CTO first.
What, if at all, do I answer to that?