I am currently working for a Multinational IT outsourcing Organization in India. It is one of the top ten IT Organizations in India. Due to various reasons things are not going well with the current organization, and I've decided switching the company is the best option.
After a thorough job search, I have received an offer from a small firm. This small firm, whose size is 1/500 of the existing company, and whose age is 1/3 of the current organization, is offering a career opportunity. This small organization is offering higher pay and more benefits.
Now my concerns are below:
- Job security, career growth and work environment
- Risks related to smaller firms
- Worthiness of the opportunity
I don't want to regret the decision. I have a good reputation, one who doesn't switch organizations very frequently. I want to carry that reputation further.
My specific questions are:
- How can I evaluate the organization and risks involved in moving to that specific organization in order to put myself in a safer and profitable situation?
- What aspects should I have to consider before making a decision?
- What kind of research should I do in regards to that organization?
Additional Details I have gained totally 8 years of experience in IT field. I have been small organization at start of my career, and that organization closed due to internal issues and having bad management. Keeping in mind that I have done some research about the organization. The glass door comments says that company has neither good nor bad reputation and it is OK to work there but not so great. The glass door comments says that the higher management doesn't treat individuals with enough respect. But they have stable client base and specialized in specific area. The only motivation now is they are offering more than 65% salary hike and promising better career growth opportunities like on site visa and promotions which will take ages in the current organization.