Be Big! Don't type grumpy!
Spolsky, half paraphrased:
- "Don't answer questions that have already been answered elsewhere."
- Only close real duplicates
- Edit questions to make more general
- "Help us build a great library of canonical answers."
- site scope overlap is ok, be jealous of your questions, improve them to best fit your site
- don't try to migrate bad questions, just close them.
- suggest other sites where they might get better answers
Some of my curated answers with comments:
else- (comment on saved time)
- Performance Breakeven Analysis - "really nice" & "You should write a book!"
yieldkeyword in Python
- Clone or copy a list - (comment on saved time)
- Static methods - (nice comment)
- Append vs. Extend - (nice comment)
- Dictionary Autovivification - "Scrolling down really pays off"
- @staticmethod vs. @classmethod
- Check if a directory exists and create it
- How to ignore Exceptions
- The index in
forloops - "beautiful explanation :)"
Floating Point Division - (nice comment)
Monkey Patching - (nice comments!)
PyGotham talk - The Python Datamodel: When and how to write objects
38 How can I politely decline my boss's invitations to social events after-hours or on the weekend sep 28
35 My employer wants me to write a guide for doing my job sep 17 '14
14 Needy agency won't leave me alone oct 13
13 Dealing with attire mishaps mid-day sep 25 '14
11 How can I ask a coworker about their salary package? feb 25 '14
7 How to convince the boss that it's more important for me to speak at a conference than be at the office for a day nov 2
7 Is there any problem with my saying about the leaving reason for current company in an interview (career change)? sep 16