Over the last 18 years I have managed small local teams, and teams of over 100 across 18 countries; I have founded two of my own companies, and been part of senior management at 2 global consultancies; currently I'm head of function at a global bank.
I hired almost all my current team, and have created the training and development pathway for them, as well as for a previous team at Ernst & Young, including industry, niche, business, technical and personal skills requirements matched against our team delivery needs.
My team is currently the highest rated in our organisation's people scores, and we were shortlisted for an industry award in June 2015.
In addition to the day job, I am:
- Scottish Chairman of the Institute of Information Security Professionals
- A past president of ISACA Scotland
- Full Member of the IISP (M.Inst.ISP)
- Security mentor and evangelist
- Moderator of the Security, Music, Parenting, Outdoors, Video Production, Sound Design and Personal Productivity Stack Exchange sites and Administrator for the Security Stack Exchange Blog
- Contributor to the Open Web Application Security Project (OWASP) and the International Security Forum (ISF)
- Certified Information Security Manager (CISM)
Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP)
was a member of the Standards and Operations Committees for the Council of Registered Ethical Security Testers (CREST) for 2 years, and a CLAS Consultant for 2 years.
I am a a mentor and coach for numerous security professionals in Scotland and across the globe, providing career guidance as well as promoting a passion for the industry, and coaching on presentation and communication skills.
Presents regularly on aspects of Information Security at various events in the UK, especially on the business implications of security issues.
I have been published in the Financial Times and other journals.