We’re rewarding the question askers & reputations are being recalculated! Read more.
3 added 3 characters in body
source | link

Yes, you should wait for the offer letter, otherwise you run the risk of not getting the job and not getting into the doctoral program.

In general, having to wait for an offer letter is never a good sign. The best case is that the company wants you, but is slow, inefficient and bureaucratic. Other options are that they want you, but can't sort out the budget; or that there's a better candidate, and they're stringing you onalong as their plan B.

But without inside knowledge, there's no way to tell which. All you can (and should) do is let the company know that you've been accepted to a doctoral program and have a non-negotiable deadline, and that you will not be able to accept the job if they don't get back to you in time. If you're lucky, this will spur them to action.

Yes, you should wait for the offer letter, otherwise you run the risk of not getting the job and not getting into the doctoral program.

In general, having to wait for an offer letter is never a good sign. The best case is that the company wants you, but is slow, inefficient and bureaucratic. Other options are that they want you, but can't sort out the budget; or that there's a better candidate, and they're stringing you on as their plan B.

But without inside knowledge, there's no way to tell which. All you can (and should) do is let the company know that you've been accepted to a doctoral program and have a non-negotiable deadline, and that you will not be able to accept the job if they don't get back to you in time. If you're lucky, this will spur them to action.

Yes, you should wait for the offer letter, otherwise you run the risk of not getting the job and not getting into the doctoral program.

In general, having to wait for an offer letter is never a good sign. The best case is that the company wants you, but is slow, inefficient and bureaucratic. Other options are that they want you, but can't sort out the budget; or that there's a better candidate, and they're stringing you along as their plan B.

But without inside knowledge, there's no way to tell which. All you can (and should) do is let the company know that you've been accepted to a doctoral program and have a non-negotiable deadline, and that you will not be able to accept the job if they don't get back to you in time. If you're lucky, this will spur them to action.

2 added 497 characters in body
source | link

Yes, you should wait for the offer letter, otherwise you run the risk of not getting the job and not getting into the doctoral program.

In general, having to wait for an offer letter is never a good sign. The best case is that the company wants you, but is slow, inefficient and bureaucratic. Other options are that they want you, but can't sort out the budget; or that there's a better candidate, and they're stringing you on as their plan B.

But without inside knowledge, there's no way to tell which. All you can (and should) do is let the company know that youyou've been accepted to a doctoral program and have a non-negotiable deadline, and that you will not be able to accept the job if they don't get back to you in time. If you're lucky, this will spur them to action.

Yes, you should wait for the offer letter, otherwise you run the risk of not getting the job and not getting into the doctoral program.

But let the company know that you have a non-negotiable deadline, and that you will not be able to accept the job if they don't get back to you in time.

Yes, you should wait for the offer letter, otherwise you run the risk of not getting the job and not getting into the doctoral program.

In general, having to wait for an offer letter is never a good sign. The best case is that the company wants you, but is slow, inefficient and bureaucratic. Other options are that they want you, but can't sort out the budget; or that there's a better candidate, and they're stringing you on as their plan B.

But without inside knowledge, there's no way to tell which. All you can (and should) do is let the company know that you've been accepted to a doctoral program and have a non-negotiable deadline, and that you will not be able to accept the job if they don't get back to you in time. If you're lucky, this will spur them to action.

1
source | link

Yes, you should wait for the offer letter, otherwise you run the risk of not getting the job and not getting into the doctoral program.

But let the company know that you have a non-negotiable deadline, and that you will not be able to accept the job if they don't get back to you in time.