This is what my current situation looks like. I have an offer from a big tech company, with a start date of around mid November. At my current job I have around a week's worth of unused PTO and I would like to use it before I quit. I feel I have three options and would greatly appreciate, if someone here could help me take the right decision.
- Provide a three week notice and request for a week off so that I can use my PTO. The only risk here is that my manager is a bit too sensitive and he may not grant me a week's leave, or worse use option 3.
- Use my PTO first and then give a two week notice, thus risk 'hurting' my managers feelings
- Encash the PTO and quit a week before the start date of the new job. This risk losing insurance coverage for a week.
Personally, I like option 1.I'm sure many people would have been through this, any suggestion on how I should handle this?