I was offered a job by a Engineering firm in the semiconductor area. Initially, the start date was supposed to be sometime in June. I had my H-1B Visa application in progress at that time and I asked them for an extension till October so that once the visa is approved in October, we can transfer it to them and I can start working there. They agreed to do that and since they had an urgent need, they did some internal workforce balancing to make up for my delayed joining.
But, the visa was still not approved by october and I asked for an extension of 3 weeks. They agreed to that and asked me to get back to them by then. but from the current state of things, It appears unlikely that the Visa will be approved by the time I would need to get back to them.
In this case, 1) Will it be considered unprofessional/annoying if I ask once more for an extension considering the fact that they have already waited so long for me? This process is completely out of my hands and there is nothing I can do to expidate this except ask my current lawyer and employer to do it fast.
2) Is it unreasonable to ask them for another 2 weeks time?
3) Is there any chance that they might accept my request third time or will the hiring manager be annoyed?