I am currently employed at some programming job in The Netherlands. I have been working there for the past 1year and 10 months. My contract is due next month. The problem is that I haven't heard anything if I can continue to work here or that I should find other employment. I have no reason to believe that I have been doing a bad job. And no indication that they would want to get rid of me.
However the time is growing short (to my taste) and thus my options limited.
What is the best course of action I should take? What options are still at my disposal? Should I just wait it out? And what will happen if nothing happens?
At the last possible moment (so exactly a month before the end of contract) they gave me a letter I could stay. That was just before I was planning to go to the manager to clear things up.