I graduated from a US university in 2012 as a fresher and took up unpaid internships/jobs for mostly an year until I joined a consultancy in 2013. The consultancy put 7 years of fake experience on my resume and I was able to secure a contract job with one of their MNC clients. I worked for close to 8 months here before I became overwhelmed by the guilt and chose to return to India. Since most of my unpaid jobs and internships were undocumented, I asked the consultancy to issue me an offer letter stating I joined them soon after my graduation. The consultancy issued me the relevant documents I asked for. I found a job in India soon after my return and have been working since. Here is what my profile looks like now.
- 2012-2013: Employed by the consultancy (have the offer letter and relieve letter but no payslips since did not actually work with any clients).
- 2013-2014: Was with the consultancy (actually worked with their clients and have payslips).
- 2014-2016: Indian employer 1 (found the job here basis the above experience).
- 2016 onward: Indian employer 2 (found the job here basis the above experience).
- A. Still have little built of guilt about the one year (2012-13) I did not work, but showing that I worked with clients following:
- My US client may find out that I did not actually have 7 years of experience when I joined them.
- Don't want to reveal my consultancy name, hence don't know what to mention for 2012-2013.
- If I remove my 12-13 experience, my Indian employers may find out I did not actually work during that time.
How do I legitimise my current profile. Please help. I am determined to come clean.