I am in the middle of my 1-year internship at the moment and I am quite satisfied. Although things are nice here, I have no interest in continuing here as full-time.
Considering that, I have been thinking where I will be working next, which means I have already started looking for work opportunities. I also marked my online profile as "open".
I have been offered with some really good positions at great companies.
Since my internship won't be ending any time sooner, I told the first recruiter, that I won't be available before the end date of my internship (5 months from now) and he was totally fine with it. So, we started scheduling our interviews.
A second recruiter has just approached me and he is not still aware that I am not currently available. This recruiter offers an outstanding position for which I am very interested in.
I am worried about whether my current unavailability will push away the second recruiter's opportunity.
The first opportunity is actually a program which is the reason it is time-flexible. The second one is a typical job opening which is certainly not going to be waiting 5 months for me.
If the second opportunity is indeed an asap position and I get selected, should I abandon/end my internship and go work for them?
The benefits of the second position comparing to my internship ones, are by far greater, so this makes me think: Why continue working for an internship salary when I can get a big full-time salary right now?
I know leaving my internship is not nice, but is it unprofessional or totally unacceptable? Is there a way to professionally quit my internship early?
Location is UK. Contract is for one year but through a recruitment organization which also provides the accommodation. So, if quitting the internship, I will have to resign both from the work company and the recruitment company as well.