This question already has an answer here:
2 weeks ago during the Christmas/new year holidays, department head emailed me saying HR should send me the official offer sometime early in next month, but here is most of the information (salary, tentative start date, etc etc). Of course, i replied saying thank you and everything looks good and can't wait to start. But, now its been three weeks into the month, and nothing. I emailed the HR, but no reply. So, should I consider this "verbal offer" rescinded by now. Or wait for few more weeks, before accepting the defeat instead of the offer! It is a very large company with big HR by the way, and i won't be starting until summer, at the least.