My question is: how can one report this anonymously? I was planning on sending an email with links and screenshots of everything in this blog, perhaps even calling an HR representative and telling him/her what the blog is.

  • 7
    "There is a fellow employee who works in the trading division and told me to check out his blog." - did he approach you, at work, invite you to visit his blog and give you details on how to find it, all at work? Because, then, yes, I'd say that is definitely sexual harassment, for those who say otherwise. – PoloHoleSet Jan 15 '18 at 19:15
  • 1
    Check your company HR site. It may even provide a service for anonymous reports about (sexual) harassment. – L.Dutch - Reinstate Monica Jan 16 '18 at 6:00
  • @L.Dutch Yes each company I've been at has a hotline you call to report anything of concern. You just leave a message. – Dan Jan 16 '18 at 14:01
  • @user477465 If the coworker shared it with you, perhaps he shared it with others. Try to find out if others viewed the blog and if so, reporting it cannot possibly be tied back to you unless you specify something uniquely told to you. – Dan Jan 16 '18 at 14:03
  • 1
    " there is also another employee who is being used in this blog as a target of his harassment." This is the bit HR will be most interested in. The blog itself is a lesser issue; if he's actually harassing someone at work and has been foolish enough to write a blog post confessing to it, then he'll more than likely be out the door. – Jonathon Cowley-Thom Jan 18 '18 at 10:38

how can one report this anonymously?

Send the relevant information on a document to HR via regular postal mail, do not send the information via email). Do not include a return address, and pay any mailing fees with cash. If you have to supply a return address, use the HQ address in the Netherlands for that.

This should get the job done and protect you from being the one who reported. If you want to be extra cautious wear gloves when dealing with the paper.

It is the only way I can think of to report it without being potentially named as the accuser, especially if the place you work at has a bunch of security cameras.

  • 10
    @user477465, he asked you to check out his blog knowing it was like this. You are in fact being sexually harassed unless previous conversations with him led him to believe that you shared his offensive views of women. If looking at this made you uncomfortable, and I presume it does since you want to report it, then this was harassment to ask you to go read this offensive content. – HLGEM Jan 15 '18 at 18:21
  • 4
    Just say something like, take a look at employee BLAH BLAH's blog. You may not want to be associated with this type of person... – Mister Positive Jan 15 '18 at 19:02
  • 4
    @user477465 DON'T say on the letter that you work for the company this will basically make that, that person can track somehow to you. Just do as @IamSoNotListening Look at the blog of this dude, bye. – William-H-M Jan 15 '18 at 22:20
  • 2
    @user477465 recorded delivery and send it as "a concerned friend" and say that the owner of the blog has been harassing some of their employees. or send it to all the board members via post I would also join the MHP union en.wikipedia.org/wiki/… – Neuromancer Jan 15 '18 at 23:31
  • 11
    This is drug dealer level opsec. Quite unnecessary when nothing illegal is involved. Use a throwaway email (no sign up), and if you're (overly) concerned that they'll go to the trouble of using the courts to get your IP from the throwaway service, go to an internet cafe and use it over a web-based proxy - or for a long-term option setup Tor over a VPN. Snail mail is an odd choice for this. – Dom Jan 16 '18 at 5:55

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.