I have been looking for a job for the past several months and it is getting close to the time when I believe companies could be making offers.
I have had (fortunately) over 5 face-to-face interviews in the past two weeks, some code exams (I'm a developer), and phone interviews, and it has occurred to me that I may be in the situation in which I receive multiple offers in the coming weeks.
What is a way to gracefully handle this? I don't wish to sound greedy but due to my financial situation I would like to hold off on accepting an offer until I know I can take the offer that pays the highest salary.
I'm thinking right now that it would be a good idea to mention to companies when they make an offer that I will carefully consider their offer and respond promptly with a response. Offers are valuable; no job is guaranteed. However, it seems foolish to accept the first offer I get because I'm scared there will be no others.