I interviewed at Company A more than 5 weeks ago. At week 3 of the hiring process, I had already known I was shortlisted and was only pending final confirmation from the boss. (I emailed the internal HR for updates)
At week 4 & 5, the HR ignored my emails. At this point I still haven't gotten any offer. So, I started applying for other companies.
Today (week 6) I finally received a confirmation call from Company A. They asked me if I was still open to the position. I said yes. They asked me what preferred my starting date was, and I told them I can start immediately. They told me to go through a medical check up first (most probably within this week), then we can discuss starting dates.
Later on I received a call from Company B for a job interview in two days time. I agreed to go because Company B has a really good portfolio and is more relevant to my field.
Is it generally OK to continue with the interview? If, later on, I finish my medical check up at Company A's expense, and they agree to hire me, could I still back out?
Both companies are actually quite well-known anyway, so I won't be losing out either way.