This question already has an answer here:
Yesterday, I received an offer in hand. And that is from a franchise. The branch is 25 mins away from where I live, and offering $11/hr. The environment seems ok, and the branch is very busy. Everyone there speaks english.
Today, I got a phone call from another branch that I was interviewing with last week too. The other branch is not too busy, actually very slow, and is 10 mins away from where I live. This manager interviewed and spoke with me in my (our) language. Today, he called and said he accepeted me and will send me an offer with $12.5/hr. I said ok I will wait. then he called again, and said "seems like there is another offer, I can't send this written offer unless you decline that other offer" - (system thing).
My main purpose is NOT to speak my language and to learn/improve my English, and to learn the industry (busier place). Hence why I prefer current offer.
I have to reply fast. I want to call the current offer ($11/hr, farther, busier) and negotiate based on what I was told from today's alternative ($12.5/hr, closer, slower). How can I, without having BOTH offers in hand, get the best out of these two offer professionally and without losing both?
Note: Asking this on behalf of a relative.
EDIT regarding the duplicate flag: The duplicate is not a duplicate, as I do not have BOTH offers in hand. One is written and one is verbal. and I HAVE to decline the one in hand in hope to get the other.