I raised a question previously about a politely worded response, which I was unsure if it amounted to a rejection/ go away, leave me alone.Quick background... I speculatively cold called several companies Dec last year and got through to the head decision maker, who asked me to send my cv and a week later sent this follow up.
I sent a speculative enquiry (below)last week regarding an unpaid position.
I wonder if you had a chance to look over my details.
Please do advise me of your decision.
Hi Sally . Unfortunately we do not have any suitable openings at the current time. I will definitely keep your cv under reference for suitable junior roles in the near future.
In the interim, I have been working on relevant, independent research but have been getting a bit itchy for work. This company has an excellent mentorship prog, as well as potential for career progression. I also have to say that this head comes across as incredibly polite and considerate in responding back to my emails, as I'm sure he too busy and important to think of my emails as important (and I mean that genuinely, not sarcastically).All of this gives me the impression that this must a worthwhile firm to be part of, and supports their excellent reputation.
My friend told me it is a good idea to check in with potential leads every 3-4 months, in the vein of 'Hello, I'm here and still interested. Please keep me in mind'.
This is what happened mid Feb
Hi Steve. I’m wondering, any Unpaid Junior roles? Anything I can do to better my chances?
We really don’t have any positions at the moment Sally, although I definitely admire your energy. If anything suitable comes along I will certainly be in touch.
I really hope so and look forward to it. Because I have research that I would like to show you then.
Best wishes Steve
I'm pretty sure Ive blown my chances now, if there was any possibility previously, which is a real shame for the reasons I gave above.
Can I ask, in this situation and with potential future leads, is my friend's suggestion of checking back every 3-4 months a good tactic? Has it worked for anyone here?
PS: don't worry, unless I hear back from this firm first, I am never contacting them again!!!