I left my previous employer for a new company half-mindedly, mostly because I couldn't find a better opportunity. After working for just 1 month, I have interviewed for another company. The interview went well and I feel there are good chances I might get the job. However, I expect the results will take around a month. I find this job much more aligned with my interests.
Meanwhile, my current company is on the verge of making a significant monetary investment on me in the form of trainings abroad.
What is an ethical way to inform my employer of the possibility that I might leave? Should I inform my manager before hand about the opportunity I may get, and that he should postpone the trainings? If I don't get the new job, will it be a threat to my current job?
EDIT : As pointed out correctly, my company might get hit by a bus if I leave. There will be no loss in terms of loss of expertise, as I am new to the company, but only a financial loss because it is not usual for my company to send people abroad for trainings because of the costs involved. I was hired with the understanding that I would stay for a substantial duration, and I might go back on my word.