I interviewed at "Company B" in Italy and did pass two of the three steps of the hiring process. While I was waiting to be set up for the last step, HR sent me an email asking for my last paycheck and current salary at "Company A".
Things went more or less in this way (email only) in 30 minutes.
- HR: Can you please send us your last paycheck?
- ME: I'm not feel comfortable by sharing this kind of information
- HR: OK, can you please tell us your current salary and benefits?
- ME: Why do you need them?
- HR: We decided to make you an offer. If you prefer not to continue with the process, please let us know.
- ME: I'm so happy to know that we can proceed with the last step of the interview. However, as I said I'm not comfortable by sharing these kind of details. I have already met 4 people of your team and I think you have everything you need to make me an offer. If you want to make me an offer, I would be happy to discuss it with you. If you do not want to proceed further, please let me know asap.
The conversation ended here and I have not received any news. At the end of the second step they told me that I would receive some news in a week. At this time, we are almost at the end of the second week. What do you suggest me to do?
They looked like a very good and serious company, but this situation is weird to me.