I'm looking to relocate and have been applying to jobs in the new area. I have an on-site interview scheduled with Company X on Friday. They're paying for my flights, and I already asked for and was booked on a Sunday return flight so I have a few days in the area to look at apartments and such. They are aware I've been interviewing with other places.
Now I've just talked to Company Y, and they are eager to interview me as well - the only time that works is the following Monday.
Is it okay to ask Company X to move the return flight another day later, after my newly scheduled Monday interview? I'm fine with paying change fees, but this is very last-minute - Company Y hadn't even responded to my application until after the flights with X were booked. I did think about simply skipping the return flight and booking my own one-way ticket home on my own, but I don't want to look unprofessional to Company X. How is the best way to approach Company X about delaying my return flight another day?
I think this is different from Is it appropriate to ask for later flight return date for on-site interviews? because the return flight has already been delayed several days, and it's probably not a "good" reason in the eyes of the company paying for the flights.