- These days, many households include two parents who both work full-time.
- These parents face many challenges while balancing work and child-care responsibilities.
- But this situation also presents a challenge for each parent's employer.
- For instance, when children reach school-age, one parent is typically obliged to pick up each child from school(s); and so, that parent may be entirely unable to work overtime.
- And when a school-age child is sick, one parent may need to stay home.
So my question is:
- When interviewing, is it prudent to tell the hiring manager that you're a parent and your spouse works full-time?