I got a contractor job offer in an other country which I want to take but my problem is that they want me to start pretty soon.
My notice period is one month and I should start at my new place 1 week after it ends.
My problem is that I won't really be able to travel to that country during my notice period to look for apartments, and I also have a holiday already booked that starts one week after I should start at my new place.
The headhunter pushes me, he says it is pretty urgent for them, it is also okay for them if I go on vacation only after 1 week of work etc.. But during the interview process they only asked my notice period, they didn't say that it is very urgent nor asked about my already booked vacations, and they must have been aware that I have to move to a country 2000 miles away from mine.
I'm afraid if I hold on to starting only after my vacation I might lose the offer.
EDIT: This would be a contractor position, so I won't get any money for relocation or anything.