I have been offered an interview in 2 weeks time for a role in a different city. It is essentially the same as my current job except with a higher salary and is in a better field (for me). The decision on who gets the role will be made within 2 weeks of then.
I think I have a good chance of getting this job as I have a good range of applicable work experience and qualifications.
My current role is with a charity and they are sending quite a few of us abroad as part of a regular trip away (that I have not been on before). The flights and accommodation for this are quite expensive and are getting more pricey by the day.
My worry is that I will end up costing the charity money by allowing them to buy me flights and accommodation only for me to not use them or by delaying until the flights double in price.
Is it a good idea to ask in the job interview to reject my application sooner rather than later if they know they will eventually? How would this make me look to them? Loyal? An idiot? Prudent? I don't want to affect my chances of getting the role however.