First hope that this is the right place to ask.
I'm a software engineer working in Copenhagen, and I'm considering moving to Berlin. I'm worried that I will regret and will miss the Danish working culture.
What I like about the Danish working culture:
- Relaxed environment: no stress, enjoying work and life
- Respect and flat hierarchy
- Flexibility of remote work and working hours
- You feel validated and respected
- Your voice matter
- Good work life balance
- Social events with the company
- People very humble and down to earch
Will I find a job in Berlin in a cool startup or corporate that offer the same advantage of Copenhagen.
Why I'm asking ?
I have asked couple of people has worked in Copenhagen and moved to Berlin. And other that have moved from Berlin to Copenhagen and I see a common pattern in their feedback:
- Too much work and stress
- Hierarchy and bureaucracy (some mentioned that he feels like he is treated as a slave)
- No flexibility: you can't have 1 month remote work or agree to have always 1 day per week remote work.
- High working hours and no flexibility and quantity of hours matter not results
- People not humble and they are arrogant and feel like they are in Silicon valley and they are stars.
I know this is their personal experience and I should not judge the German working culture based of few feedback BUT when you get always the same feedback then you think twice.
Will I ever find a job in Berlin with Flat Hierarchy and that allow me to work remotely and treat me with respect and offer a relaxed and cosy working environment ?