The place where I sit in my office results inconvenient for me because:
- Everyone can see my computer screen and very often they will stop by and stare at my screen what distracts me. Sometimes they will even comment on what they see on my screen and that distracts me. Sometimes they judge what I am doing spontaneously so breaks my concentration.
- Many people walking around in the area. And that distracts me.
- Many people discussing very close to my desk. Obviously the noise distracts me.
It seems like too obvious thing to do just tell your manager/supervisor the problem and find out a place to sit more convenient. However, that solution is really not possible because:
- I do not see any other spot in the whole office where that could happen. So it is not like I see many places where I could sit if just asked for. It is just one room open space and we are sat down in islands with our teams, so also cannot split and go somewhere else. But even if could, I do not see anywhere were could go.
- All the colleges are sitting in spots with same amount of noise or distraction, i.e. more or less everyone same circumstances as me. However none else is annoyed by that. So although possible to ask my manager/supervisor, it's somewhat weird that I request by special needs to have a special desk in a privileged spot with specific conditions.
So at the beginning this was ok, but it is burning me more and more every day.