What recourse do I have if I know that a current employer is blacklisting me via HR at another company?

I know by cross-checking people I know don't like me at current company and people who are related to HR or hiring at the other company.

  • 1
    Which country are you in? Aug 25, 2018 at 18:22
  • You don't know you are blacklisted and a company is free to decide to decline for no reason.
    – paparazzo
    Aug 25, 2018 at 18:25
  • 1
    Multiple people at work dislike you enough to sabotage your career but in a way that keeps you working along side them? Aug 26, 2018 at 1:52
  • Stay off social media. You led them to the intersecting circles.
    – user25792
    Oct 9, 2018 at 5:16

3 Answers 3


If you have any recourse it would be through the legal process. You might consult an employment lawyer.


Apply elsewhere.

If you are in a locale where this happens, then there isn't anything you can do about it that doesn't have a strong chance of you becoming unemployed.


If in the EU you could file a request under GDPR with your HR department, for any communications they hold about you.

Be aware:

  1. They can withhold anything which would violate their confidentiality with another employee (e.g. your manager).
  2. They are not obliged to handle this in confidence.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged .