I am working in a software company where things haven’t been financially sound recently. Since there will most likely be some layoffs soon, I started searching for other opportunities. I had an interview about a month ago and then a few days later I got a letter from my current manager that I will be promoted after a month and a half with a title change. At that point I had no feedback from the company I interviewed with.
About 3 weeks later I recieved the promotion letter from my current employer. The company I interviewed with also gave me an offer, which I decided to accept after all. I decided this due to the risk of layoff and the offer being better for my career growth and from a financial point of view.
Giving a two-week notice is standard where I work and if I do the same, I will basically be giving my notice on the day my title changes. The other option is giving the notice prior to that (basically a 3-week notice) but then there is a chance that my title will remain the same since I am leaving.
Should I wait and give the standard 2 week notice, even though my promotion takes effect that same day?