I'm currently attempting to locate a job in another state (NYC if that's relevant) and have been for ~6 months. What's further complicating my search is that I'm trying to shift careers at the same time (from engineering to product management which I do have some experience in) and it's not going well - In four months I've only managed to get 3 phone interviews and 1 on-site interview and I'm running out of ideas as to what else to try.
What I've tried so far:
- Had my resume professionally revised.
- Had my resume reviewed by Product Management hiring managers.
- Exhausted all applicable contacts in my network.
- I had one recruiter send my resume out and they all rejected me. Other recruiters simply said that they'll contact me if they feel I'd be a fit somewhere and nothing.
- Put NY as my location in all my applications
The planned move is so that I can be with my significant other so I'm fairly set on location and thus staying where I am isn't really an option.
Can anyone suggest other tactics or options for me to try?