At the start of the year, I had a discussion with my manager about getting promoted and she gave me a checklist to complete. She promised that if I complete them I will get promoted for sure!
Now one quarter to go, I have completed all the points in the checklist and nobody else at the same level has done that. Now one person from each group of my department got promoted, but none of them have done the work that I have done. They all have one thing in common, they are all seniors to me!
How should I handle this now?
[Edit] Sorry for not providing enough details that raised lots of questions. Let me give you more details. Each group manager will nominate some of their colleagues to department Head on the month of September and the department head will decide whom should get promoted. The role change letter will be sent out on October of every year.
Whatever we discussed along with the entire checklist is sent out as an e-mail to me as well. If it might help, here's the checklist,
- Clear internal code competition ( cleared it with 100% score)
- Clear one certifications ( cleared it with 95% score)
- Train employees on new tech ( handled two intermediate level trainings)
- Get positive customer feedback ( received multiple appreciation e-mails from customers) and both DH & GrMs are aware of it
- Handling multiple projects ( Handling 2 projects by which the org is getting 50% extra billing)
Regarding duplicate question, I did not have problem with approaching to my manager on how to ask for role change. I hope i have handled it well but did not get the expected results :)