I am currently in the process of getting a job at a small company. I have known the owners of the company for a while, and they have expressed interest in hiring me.
My problem is that they are often unreliable when it comes to scheduling phone calls, answering questions, and delivering paperwork. I often have to message them several times before they get back to me, and when they do get back to me, they often don't give me a concrete date and time for future events. When they do, they sometimes miss them. I'm constantly unsure of when important things will happen.
I need to get some documents signed by the end of the week. They understand this, but have not been replying to my messages. I was supposed to get them several days ago, and I haven't heard from them since.
If I don't sign this document by the end of the week, I will need to sign a similar document with a different company, which could cause issues with me working with them.
What should I do here? What is a respectful, effective way to:
- Ask them to hurry up
- Ensure that things actually get scheduled
- Ensure they honor their own commitments
- Ask them about the status of certain things that are taking a long time
- Make it clear that it's frustrating for me when things like this happen
- Message them again, after they have not responded to my previous message in a timely manner