I was hired at an iOS position for a project, that has started 2012, which means a lot of legacy logic. The salary increase was good, and I had a good impression, that both guys working on this project are there for a very long time (7 and 4 years)
Therefore I observe the following things:
- No comments at the source code at all.
- Big amount of massive view controllers.
- Business logic in App Delegate and tight coupling.
- No tests at all.
- Hardly any documentation in Confluence
- No time for any refactoring at all. PM wants new features and they make spaghetti.
- Test server environment, that works from time to time.
- No peer code reviews.
The people from here know these issues, and they are very helpful for me. But I'm starting to think, that even if I'm very active on trying to push changes, these will happen after long battles or may not happen at all.
So should I think for leaving the ship, or I have at least to try to fill some of the holes in it?