I am struggling with this situation, I am from Australia, specifically Sydney, end of October I started a job but I had to relocate in Brisbane, I left my wife in Sydney because she has a stable job over there.
Basically after 3 weeks I received an offer from a company to be office located in Sydney with a much better salary than the current one and 30 minutes drive from my apartment, meantime in Brisbane, I am in a lease paid by me and to go to Sydney I have to pay my own flight tickets, I am having a hard time with expenses.
Now this company appears they want me under full permanent position and better salary, if I accept I would have to give 1 weeks notice to the current company since I am within the probation period which by law allows either party to end the employment at any time just giving 1 week notice period.
This dilemma is distressing me a lot due to my inflexibility of mind, and of course is creating financial and mental distress since I need to make the decision quickly or the offer will disappear, I managed to convince the second company to allow me to start January 2019.
I have drawn pros and cons and basically the second offer is far. far better just for the fact that I will be in Sydney with my family and saving cost will be exponential.
But, how to face the fact that I need to hand over the resignation letter, my idea is to present domestic problems which is the truth.