I was originally scheduled a performance review in mid-August, which is tied to a salary gain as per my contract.
However, due to unforseen issues outside my department's control - work was delayed and it was decided by my previous manager that we should delay the performance review until mid-November when the work would be complete (and as such the review would be more complete). I agreed to this, as it also increased the chance of the review being positive (that is, in August - I would not have felt it likely to get a positive-enough review, based on the work I had achieved at that point)
In late-October, our company faced redundancies and my manager was one of those affected. As such, I was moved into a new team - with the previous terms of contract still being upheld. My new manager has not yet held my performance review, and I believe they will need me to ask them specifically to hold it - if I ever want to see this salary increase.
Ideally, I'd like to wait till next year January before bringing this up - as I will have completed significant work under my new manager, and they will have a complete view of my abilities.
What are the dangers of holding off asking for the review (given that it is guaranteed in my contract) and is the advantage of having more work under this new manager a real advantage to the review (or just imagined)?