I am a college student currently considering a part-time internship offer from a decent company in my area which offered a 6-month long internship (mid-February to late July). Although I would enjoy the opportunity I'd much rather intern at a bigger and more prestigious company abroad – but I'm not done with the interview process yet (it will take one more month because interviews are done in batches, and I'm not sure if it would be okay for the other company to wait so long for me to make a decision about the internship offer).
My parents have suggested to just accept the current internship offer, finish the interview process with the other company and in case I get an offer just leave the current company. The other internship would start mid-may and end in late August.
Is this an okay thing to do to just leave an internship to intern somewhere else? My local laws would allow this.