My coworker is ruining what's otherwise a great job. I love all my other coworkers and the benefits are great, but this guy is incredibly offensive and rude. Here's some highlights:
- He'll make comments about my body, like saying that he likes that my shirt is low-cut or that I have "nice forearms".
- He tries to start political arguments. Today I was talking to something else in the hallway about dogs and he walked up and said "That reminds me of how I called into a radio show yesterday to argue with this dumb republican. You're not one, are you?"
- He criticizes every thing I do or own if it's not something he's into or owns: "Why do you go to the gym? You know it's bad for you." "What are your plans this weekend? Why do you like going out for a drink? You seem like an alcoholic."
- He chews while talking and spits food on me all the time. Today it was when I had my headphones on and didn't know he was talking to me.
- He comes into meetings I'm having with someone else about work projects to tell me that he watched some TV show yesterday and it was good.
I've tried telling him that I don't like each of these individual things, but there's always something else he does. If this was outside of work I'd say something like "shut the fuck up" but obviously that's unprofessional here. What are some ways I can deal with this?
saying that he likes that my shirt is low-cut" sounds like sexual harassment to me, and grounds for dismissal, especially if repeated in from of witnesses. report it you boss and/or HR.