I am a recent graduate in search of jobs and giving interviews. I gave my final onsite interview with a big Financial firm on Jan. 17, 2019 for a Software Developer role. On Jan. 25 I was told that the feedback from the interview is positive and I got a compensation call from them after a week, where I was told that they will extend an offer in a week but its been like three weeks and today I got this email from them:
We are still hopeful that we will be able move forward but do not have an exact timeline at this point. We are working on next steps still and will follow-up as soon as we have another update.
my questions are:
Does this infer that there is still a possibility that I dont get an offer? What should my response be? I was actually waiting for this job without applying to other companies. Should I start applying for other companies?
If this is not the right place to post this please guide me. thank you.