I hope everyone is doing well and healthy. I have a query regarding the Blue Card Application. Recently I have received a Job offer from a German company with a salary of Euro 58K, and I have only a BA degree from Indian University along with six years of IT work experience. The company is preparing the Contract and asking me to go for the EU blue card visa appointment. I am worried about this part. Is there any possibility to get National Visa for Blue card with my BA degree as a Software Developer. If anyone familiar with the situation or have any idea about this scenario, please share with me. I will be pleased to hear about it.
According to BAMF
The EU Blue Card is a residence permit which, when issued for the first time, is valid for a maximum of four years. It is issued subject to the following conditions:
- a German or recognised foreign or comparable foreign higher educational qualification
- submission of an employment contract or a binding job offer
as a matter of principle proof of a minimum annual gross salary of 53,600 Euro.
- Exception: A lower salary threshold of 41,808 Euro is applied for EU Blue Cards issued to scientists, mathematicians and engineers, as well as to doctors and IT specialists.
restricted to a maximum of four years when first issued.
- Exception: If the employment contract is shorter than four years, the residence title is issued for a period that is limited to the term of the employment contract, plus three months.
Holders of an EU Blue Card are to be issued with an unlimited settlement permit if:
- they have held their employment as a highly-qualified person for more than 33 months,
- they can demonstrate that they have made obligatory contributions in this period or show other proof of expenditure to obtain an entitlement to insurance benefits which are comparable to those from statutory pensions insurance, and
- the other prerequisites generally necessary for issuing a settlement permit are met.
- If the holder of the EU Blue Card has an adequate knowledge of German (level B1), the settlement permit is issued earlier, namely after 21 months.
It looks like you have - BA Software Engineering (recognised foreign or comparable foreign higher educational qualification) - A job offer, - A Salary of €58.000 (Above the min €53.600)
You are entitled to a Blue Card for 4 years. If you keep your employment for 3 years (33 months), pay into your employee contributions, and a B1 in German you will be able to get permanent residence.