I realize that this question is rather subjective and may be closed. Maybe I should ask it elsewhere.
This is an example of how one might write a cover letter, expressing their interest in the position and the company, their suitability for the role, and how their experience matches with the responsibilities and requirements of the position and candidate, respectively:
Dear John Smith,
I am writing to you in regards to the position within your company of Project Development Engineer.
Below I will address the responsibilities and requirements of the position, inline, with my responses in bold.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Analyse bid specifications and designs to determine project scope and areas where design enhancement may be introduced. Outline relevant experience
- Manage coordination of engineering and departments to deliver bid requirements. Outline relevant experience
- Identify and follow up new lead opportunities in conjunction with sales managers. Outline relevant experience
- Develop supplier and manufacturer relationships to identify the most suitable products and/or components available. Outline relevant experience
- Identify market opportunities and continually evaluate value proposition in chosen markets. Outline relevant experience
To be considered you must have tertiary qualifications in Photovoltaic Engineering or a similar Engineering field (state education) together with:
- Demonstrated experience in developing and maintaining quality business relationships. Outline relevant experience
- Outstanding presentation and communication skills. Outline relevant experience
- Excellent organisational skills, with the ability to work under pressure. Outline relevant experience
- Ability to work to deadlines. Outline relevant experience
- Confident and self-motivated individual. Outline relevant experience
I am very excited to learn more about this opportunity, and share how I will be a great fit for ABC Company. I believe this is a position where my passion for this industry will grow because of XYZ opportunities that the company provides. If I am offered this position, I will be ready to hit the ground running and help the company exceed its own expectations for success. I would appreciate the opportunity to meet with you to discuss how my qualifications will be beneficial to the company’s success. I’d love the opportunity to talk with you about this position when you’re ready to begin scheduling interviews.
Note that the last paragraph, while demonstrating interest in the position, could really be stated in any cover leter, while modifying ABC Company and XYZ opportunities.
The inline responses could alternatively be delivered more traditionally in paragraphs with a linking phrase and a keyword that relates to the bullet point.