Debating cancelling an interview as a bilingual wetland educator, here’s the story.
- Bilingual position, I selected strictly English on the application.
- Company called and asked prelim questions;
- Asked a question in French which I could answer with broken French.
- Asked if I could speak to wetland species in French, I said I couldn’t.
- Interviewer told me to practice my French and come in this week. She will be asking me questions about wetland species to be answered in detail, in French.
She knows I can’t speak every day French well, I told her I can’t do wetland species in French, yet she wants me to come in. I don’t want to waste anyone’s time but this is a dream position.
Should I cancel the interview, or continue with it?