This is my third day in a new company in Thailand. I'm the only CTO who is responsible as Data Scientist and for rewriting the existing project. On the first day I worked, I sneezed during the meeting. On the second day I started to get a sore throat. I feel very worried that I would end up being sick rather than enjoying spending the money. The office also has two air purifiers, but they are not switched on. Maybe they are not effective against the virus in the air.
I have read "getting my bosses to fix the air conditioning", but people around here just have sore throats. They are also having a moderate turnover rate. Air might be one factor of this as well. Since people here can choose jobs.
- Single medium size company office
- Space is 80% utilized. Loaded by many paper documents. It is an accounting company
- Building is old
- Sore throat
- Anxiety that my health will be getting worse
This situation is happening in Bangkok Silom; it is well-known that air around here is pretty bad. However, I don't think the air pollution from outside will impact the inside of the building.
The jobs here is a very challenging one. I prefer to work in Software Engineering and as a Data Scientist. The company owner offered me this because of our connection. I and he met online in the chatroom of high school alumni.
- Is this called office syndrome?
- Is it normal to tolerate bad air in the office?
- Suppose I am trying to resolve this issue, but not effective against it. How long do I need to try a week, 2 weeks? or a month? Before making a negotiation to work from home or worst case resign?