This question already has an answer here:
I live in Europe right now and work as a fullstack dev in one company since over 2 years - my job was really uninteresting and unsatisfying for the past few months though. I want to not only change it but also to change a place of living (private reasons) - I've been looking for a job in Asia a lot recently in places like Hong Kong, Singapore, or Malaysia, but to no avail - companies just don't respond in 95% cases (remaining 5% are usually weak companies).
Therefore I can see two options - wait and continue looking, or quit a job and go live in some cheap part of Asia from where it would probably be much easier to get for an interview or communicate in general. I have a lot of money saved to do that, but I'm afraid that it won't solve any problems, and I will just go back to Europe afterwards.
Is quitting a job without a new one always a bad idea? Is it better to be on-site when looking for a job on another continent? Is this not too "unprofessional" career move to make?
Thanks for any suggestions!