This is my brother's issue and I want to help him.
After a few months of jobless, He got a job last month at a small trading company(import or export goods from manufacturers then sell those in other countries) as a customs related profession.
Recently, It seems he's dealing with lots of unrelated tasks(label designing using Photoshop, attending a promotional booth at a conference, works from other teams, driving boss' car, etc) and this makes him stressed. I asked him if he is stressed by doing unrelated works or if the work itself is hard. He said "both".
Another problem is that he tantrum all about it at home with anger almost every day. I and my parents tried to listen to him at first. We told him some advice on how to deal with, but he refuses to even try those for reasons like 'My manager won't listen' or 'CEO will fire me'. Eventually, we had a deep and uncomfortable talk with him and told him to endure a bit more like an adult and try not to talk about his work at home too much. A few days later, he is stressed even more and he personally talks to me that 'I want someone to listen, but you made me not to talk about my work'.
My brother returned home with anger yesterday again so I had another talk. I learned(and amazed) that he didn't even talk about his issues to his supervisor. I told him that you can only solve the issues by talking to your supervisor, not with the family. I advised him to talk as soon as possible, but he said that a conference is coming 2 days later so he can't do it tomorrow so he will say it next week. I can't understand why that is an issue, but I let him do so.
I'm asking this question because:
- I checked other similar Q&As, but most of them telling OP to quit the job saying the current job market is in favor of software engineer. But he is not a software engineer so I can't say the same to him.
- Family relation is kept getting unbearable due to him.
- I don't think he is solving his own problem well.
My questions are:
- How should my brother approach to his problem?
- How should I(family) approach to my brother?
- Should I show this question to my brother?