Part of a re-org that happened in our company, several Dev and QA Managers have had to transition into a Team Manager role (I moved from QA manager to this role). In terms of responsibilities, it is:
- (people management like hiring, retaining, promoting etc) for both Developers & QA in the team
- strategic directives in terms of what the team could and should develop in the near future
- project management for the ongoing projects
- Job market doesn't have this role in Software development teams, so i am not sure what this role corresponds to in other software companies
- Since I do not come from Development background as such - only limited automation skills from QA / Testing background, will a future employer expect me to have coding / architect skill ?
- Since this role doesn't exist in most Software companies, what should I aim to learn as part of this role and which role should I market myself to a future employer as?