I am attending a "business" event. There will be vendors, different business associates at all levels, as well as contractors at this event. My title is Sr. MySQL DBA. However, I do not want to be categorized as just a DBA.
What are different ways I could introduce myself without pigeonholing myself?
Also, how could I work in my certificates and interests in other areas?
- Certified PO
- Interested in Leading System/Business Analyst
Lastly, what are the advantages vs disadvantages to tailoring my introduction?
- A person who is in general same field and level
- A person who is not technical at all
- A person who is high level manager/executive
- A group with a mix of the above people.
Any websites that illustrate better vs worse "elevator" pitches, since I am pitching/selling/interviewing?