You're hoping for a job in a persuading profession. Sales, administration, and management jobs are all about talking people into doing things.
Forget about the idea that you're not qualified. You are qualified.
Your task is to sell an excellent product, a product you know well: yourself. What are your features? What benefits does each feature offer your buyer? How will hiring you solve their problems?
From your question, your features:
feature: I have a degree in electrical engineering
- I get things done. Completing a demanding university course proves that.
- I have a solid background in EE. I can understand your technical products and how they solve your customers' problems.
I've been working as a test engineer with an engineering firm
- I have held down a serious job. I will also hold down your job.
- I understand, by experience, the difference between good quality and poor quality. I am passionate about delivering good quality to customers.
I'm interested in starting my own company
- I have an entrepreneurial spirit. But don't tell a potential employer you're going to leave as soon as you learn a few things.
retail customer service
- I know how to interact with people.
time spent managing an LLC that went under.
Wow! This is very important! I have been a business leader in the hot seat. I know what it means to make payroll. You don't have to teach me the importance of booking, shipping, and collecting.
I learned xxxxx the hard way. You don't have to teach me that.
I have strong problem solving abilities
Yeah, yeah, everybody says that. Be specific. Pitch this as "I successfully confronted problem x by doing y."
and a very broad skillset that includes accounting, advertising, and online sales,
Here's where you need to tailor your sales pitch to your particular customer. Emphasize a skill matching the needs of your potential employer. Again, be specific, "I ran an online sales program for product q using tech p. It generated a return on investment of r.
Figure out how to tell a similar story for each skill.
I'm also young, only a few years out of college.
- I have a lot of energy and the ambition to help make your company do well.
I'm a quick learner
Again, be specific. "It took me less than a week of reading to learn enough about product zzz so I could test it effectively. I studied the spec sheets and application notes."
Two specific suggestions
Read up on "solution selling" and maybe a couple of other selling techniques.
If you're in the US, look up your local chapter of SCORE.ORG, and ask the volunteers to review your resume / sales pitch and make suggestions. Free service.