Many big corporations have internal innovation departments, startup departments etc. Basically, that's the place, where they create internal startups. It also could be intracorporate venture fund, which invests into internal and external (but still related to their area of interests) startups.

I'm trying to figure out all the most common job titles for the people, who deal with internal/external startups inside big companies. Could you give me a hand with that?

  • Why do you want to know? Are you planning to create a culture like that in your organization and wonder how to name the positions created by that initiative? Or are you interested in such a position yourself and want to know what job titles to look out for?
    – Philipp
    Jun 13 '19 at 12:20
  • 1
    This will vary wildly from company to company (and county might play a role too).
    – Neo
    Jun 13 '19 at 12:21
  • @Philipp no, I'm selling to these people
    – stkvtflw
    Jun 13 '19 at 12:36
  • Possible duplicate of How do I choose an appropriate job title?
    – David K
    Jun 13 '19 at 12:39
  • 2
    I'm voting to close this question as off-topic because it is not about Navigating the Workplace as described in the help center. Jun 13 '19 at 12:50

In a "scientific" discussion, they would be called generically "intrapreneurs", especially if the activity is started at their initiative. Intrapreneurship is inside companies what entrepreneurship is outside companies.

What are these people called in each company? They can be called any way the company wants, even if their title does not fit their job. Take the example where managers end up calling themselves leaders just because it sounds better.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged .