I am a senior developer working in this team for 4+ years and have deep technical & functional knowledge about 3-4 internal applications that this team is managing.
- Developer (myself)
- QA Lead
- Tech Lead(TL)
- Associate Director(AD)
Our business analyst suddenly stopped working due to a medical situation and may return after 6-8 months. They are planning to manage without replacement.
Today we received a small change from business users that I would estimate at ~1 man day to complete requirement + coding.
Problem: AD & TL wants detailed discussions with the whole team.
- What is this change all about?
- Whether this is fix or change request?
- What are the proofs to say this is not an defect but new change?
- What is our technical approach to fix this?
- Is this change needed in app2 and app3?
- To formulate requirement, do we need to contact users or not?
- If yes , What to write in the email to users? What to ask and what should not?
- How many jiras to be created? one per app or one combined jira for all apps?
My coworkers and I have all spent almost 4-5 hours in above discussions.
I find that discussing things repeatedly, and involving multiple people for small issues, is highly irritating and not needed.
What I want: I need to know how can I communicate with them, so that my daily life at office will be less stressful?