I got a call from recruiter today to offer me 44,000 for a Financial analyst position. I asked for $48,000 and above in the interview. Told her to up it. She called back that the hiring manager said she cant go above 44,000. I would like to work at the company and wish they can truly increase the salary. How can i figure out whether to accept or try to re - negotiate or wait and hope they change their mind. They told me at the interview the highest range is 60,000
Only you can determine what your acceptable salary is. Do you believe you'd be happy making that much at that company? Or do you believe you'd be better off waiting and hoping to get more at a different company? Benefits also play into it. Get information on the health insurance offered, if any, along with vacation time. If you get 2 weeks of vacation and good insurance, that's easily worth $48 k without benefits in a different company.