I'm a fresh grad with no job experience but have a hands on skill that I think makes me job ready. I did applied for a job, got selected, got offered a paid internship in order to access me atleast 3 months. Now I'm almost done with my 3 months and my employer has made arrangements to take a look at me again which we may sit behind contract table again next week but I don't feel like continuing nor accepting what ever offer they will bring up because:
- My role within the last 3 months was not challenging enough to teach me more, and I feel I can't progress in my career. ( The job description is a bit different from my role now and best fit role is already filled and is either I maintain my current role or quit )
- Even though I did my best with what ever task I was assigned to, i was still not happy because of the task level.
- I realized that I will be employed to this role fulltime but I wouldn't be happy with my job if that happens.
- Company's culture ( compulsory religious things ) and in-job-politics.
- Afraid of being underpaid because of my no job experience.
With all said, I decided to start applying for a new job else where late last month, this time too I got selected, got through the interview, got selected because of my skill set and some works, now I was offered 2x the amount I'm being paid for the internship with a status probation ( 50% increments in salary after successful probation ). I have discussed this with my line manager and he thinks I should go for it if Im okay with the decision yet he has already filed my appraisal report for fulltime employment. I have already made my decision of moving on but I don't know what to do regarding to who I should inform first, the HR or my supervisor (head of department).
My contract allows me to quit anytime without any formal reason but I don't want to use that means.